Job Opportunity: Shop Assistant at Fabric shop, Brighton
Are you passionate about fabrics, skilled in sewing, and love being surrounded by a vibrant and creative atmosphere? Cloth Control, located in the heart of the North Laines in Brighton, is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Fabric Shop Assistant.
We believe that sewing should be an accessible to everyone, empowering individuals to create their unique expressions. Therefore, Cloth Control is not merely a fabric shop; it's a thriving community that celebrates creativity, craftsmanship, and the transformative power of textiles.
As the city's premier fabric shop, we cater to a diverse clientele, embracing seasoned sewists, eager beginners, and the curious at heart. If you are passionate about fabric, fashion, and crafts and feel you can bring an upbeat enthusiasm to this role, then please read the following before applying.
- Guide customers in selecting fabrics and provide expert advice on sewing techniques.
- Process orders and payments efficiently, both in-store and online.
- Maintain an organised and welcoming shop environment.
- Handle and lift heavy rolls of fabric.
- Act as a key holder (previous experience preferable).
- Bring an upbeat and outgoing personality when engaging with customers.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Education or training in fashion or costume design is preferable.
- Proficient in assisting customers with fabric selection.
- Organised and motivated when working independently.
- Enthusiastic about fabric, fashion, and crafts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when cutting fabric and packing orders
- Physical job, requiring standing on your feet in the shop for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy rolls of fabric.
- Work hours: 2 days per week, 10 am - 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Above average wage £11.50 per hour
- Staff discounts on fabric.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a covering letter to Mr. Matthew Millership at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include "Proficient in assisting customers with fabric selection" in the skills section of your CV, and detail your educational background or training in fashion, costume, or a related field that demonstrates your understanding of fabric properties, types, and uses.
Application Deadline: March 15th 2024